Tags that I should have done a long time ago

7:45 PM Laura 0 Comments

All right so I've got some awards that I have been neglecting for a while and I decided I should probably do them. So ready yourselves for a deluge of useless information that was more than you ever wanted to know about me.

First up, we have the 11 Questions tag from Ingie at F Yeah I Love Nails.

Blah blah blah rules and stuff that no one actually reads. Basically you tell everyone 11 random facts about yourself and then answer 11 questions that the tagger gave you. Since you probably know more about me than you ever wanted to, I'll skip the facts and just do the questions.
  1. If you knew the world was going to end tomorrow, what would you do in your last living hours? Oh my gosh I don't even like thinking about this... I would probably invite all my friends and family over and we'd have a giant party where we all ate a bunch of delicious food and just talked about life.
  2. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Hmm... I don't know, there are so many different possibilities that could change the direction my life takes! All I know is that I want to live in New Orleans in an apartment that is probably decorated with a bunch of hippie paraphernalia.
  3. What brings back childhood memories? This is surprisingly hard! Board games is the only thing that comes to mind immediately. I used to love Clue and play it all the time. Nobody wants to play it with me anymore! :(
  4. What is your favorite nail polish brand and what color from that brand? This is so difficult! I guess my favorite brand would be a-england, and I really love Tristam and Perceval.
  5. What country would you like to visit?  Anywhere in Europe, hands down!
  6. When you're alone, do you sing and pretend you can actually sing? YES I love to sing (admittedly, I like to sing very overdramatically to old rock songs), and I'll have you know that I've been told I have a nice voice!
  7. Do you have a guilty pleasure? If so, what is it? I love trash TV, but I can't say that I'm ashamed of it!
  8. Do you have weird habits? Yes. A few years ago I discovered a microscopic chip on the corner of one of my front teeth. It's pretty much invisible but I constantly scrape against it with my thumbnail. Also, every night before I go to bed I absolutely have to put lotion on my hands and lip balm on my lips. Whenever I turn up the volume on the TV it has to be in multiples of 5. I'm not crazy, I swear...
  9. Have you ever done something that you later regret? Of course, hasn't everyone!? I try not to regret things that I can't fix, though. I don't like dwelling, so I just tell myself "Yes that was dumb, but it's over now." and move on.
  10. Do you have a favorite perfume? Miss Dior Cherie. I don't actually own it since it is preeetty expensive but every time I go to Ulta or Sephora I spray a sample paper to death with it and shove it in my wallet or pockets so they smell really good.
  11. How would you like to spend your most relaxing day? I would love to go have a picnic out in a nice field somewhere. I would want it to be sunny, but the temperature should be cool. That would be nice.
Next up are the Cute Blog and Best Blog awards from Tyne at Lovebeangirl.
More rules, yadda yadda yadda. More random facts which I will spare you from, and here are another 11 questions! (I think all these tags end up getting mooshed together in the blogosphere)
  1. What do you like most about your life? My friends, my family, where I live (I <3 Houston).
  2. Do you wear makeup every day? No. I only use it if I've got any blemishes that need covering. (I love the word "blemishes." It sounds so much nicer than "pimples.")
  3. What's your motto in life? Things won't just happen because you want them to. You have to make them happen.
  4. If you could change 4 things in the world, what would you choose? I wish that there would be no more wars, world hunger could be solved, no one was unemployed, and everyone just got along.
  5. What does your URL mean? I think it's pretty self-explanatory, haha!
  6. Do you have a collection of anything? Naaaail polish! I've also got a bunch of little glass animal figurines, and I sort of accidentally ended up collecting snowglobes? I don't officially "collect" them but for some reason I have like ten.
  7. Can you give me some of your nicknames? Honestly I don't really have any. I do have a friend who is also named Laura, so sometimes we call each other "Other Laura" but that's pretty much it.
  8. Love or lust? Love!
  9. Who's the person you trust most on this earth? I trust all my friends and my family!
  10. What's the most important for you? I guess just being happy. I really don't think you should do anything if it doesn't make you happy.
  11. Have you ever been in love? No.
Aaand then I think you're supposed to say something for each of these things:
  • A song: Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.
  • A dessert: I loooove tiramisu.
  • An animal: Platypi!
  • Your best trait: Ambitious.
  • Your everyday attitude: Easygoing.
  • A color: Cerulean (yes, I felt like being fancy).
  • A number: 7
  • Do you prefer giving gifts or receiving: Both? I can't piiick I mean come on I like getting gifts but giving them is really fun too!
  • A day of the week: Saturday
  • Your passion: Nail polish? And I also really love football.
Aaand here are some other questions for the Cute Blog award! (everything above was for Best Blog)
  1. What is your go-to makeup product? I really like mascara although I don't wear it all the time.
  2. What was your favorite fashion trend of 2011? Well since I'm not really up on most fashion trends, I'll say my favorite trend was all the homemade polish sellers popping up! (NerdLacquer, Lacquistry, etc.)
  3. What is your favorite dessert? Didn't I already answer this? Well, I also love fudge.
  4. Favorite color? Bluuuuuueeeeee
  5. What is your middle name? Not telling! It's probably not safe to give out that kind of information on the internet! Buuut I'll tell you it starts with an "e."
  6. What is the last song you listened to? A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay.
  7. Cats or dogs? I have both. :)
Aaand now the last award from Frosso at Lacquer Me Silly, the Kreativ Blogger Award.
  1. Name your favorite song: I won't pick favorites so here's another song I love: Lonely Boy by the Black Keys.
  2. Name your favorite dessert: Seriously? People need to start coming up with new questions for these things!
  3. What ticks me off: People who don't say what they mean.
  4. When I'm upset I... Rant. A lot.
  5. What's your favorite pet? I love all my babies equally!
  6. Black or white? White.
  7. Biggest fear: Just... being terminally unhappy, I guess.
  8. Everyday attitude: Already answered!
  9. What is perfection? James Dean and The Beatles.
  10. Guilty pleasure: Already answered again!
OKAY I'M DONE. YOU ARE ALL FREE TO RESUME YOUR NORMAL LAURA-FREE LIVES NOW.
Thank you to Ingie, Tyne, and Frosso. I really appreciate it! If any of you reading this have tagged me for anything then please let me know! I feel like I'm forgetting someone...
I'm not going to pass these awards on to anyone but I would like to take the time to shout-out to all these ladies who have been leaving comments dedicatedly! I just want to let you all know how much I appreciate it.
And last but not least, Eye Heart It. Larie is a fantastic beauty blogger with occasional nail posts, Thursday Posts, and Foodie Fridays mixed in. She really is a wonderful blogger and I look forward to her posts every day!
You should all check every single one of the ladies I've mentioned in this post and with that, I bid you adieu since this has been pretty much one of the most exhausting posts I've ever written. Good night!

0 comments:

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**